MinnSARDA was established in 1981 to assist public safety agencies in their search and rescue efforts. Services are FREE of charge and available 24/7.
FOR EMERGENCY DEPLOYMENT ONLY:
CALL ANOKA COUNTY CENTRAL COMMUNICATIONS AT
Use the above contact information whether you want to call us to come on a mission or to inquire whether MinnSARDA dogs and handlers would be suitable and available for your search.
When you call, please have available:
• Name and contact phone number for you or the search manager;
• City/County where search is taking place
• Where and when the subject was last seen (if known);
ALL SERVICES ARE OFFERED FREE OF COST TO REQUESTING AGENCIES
The unit currently has teams certified in:
- Area Search: Urban and wilderness (scent specific/non-scent specific)
- Trailing: Urban and wilderness (scent specific)
- Disaster: Rubble work, fire scenes, natural disasters. Live and cadaver teams available.
- Cadaver: Land and waterGraves
- Cold cases
- Lost persons
MinnSARDA’s Support Personnel/Handler Certification Requirements:
- Criminal background check
- NASAR’s SAR-Tech II designation
- First aid/CPR certified
- NIMS certified
- Must keep written records of all searches and training
- Must meet unit training requirements
MinnSARDA’s K9 Team Requirements:
- AKC Canine Good Citizen (to show the dog is friendly and well-mannered)
- Annual certification through a national organization (such as NASAR, L.E.T.S, NAPWDA)
If you have any questions, please contact us. We are also available for demonstrations or presentations.
Non-emergency contact: 763-441-3734