MinnSARDA was established in 1981 to assist public safety agencies in their search and rescue efforts. Services are FREE of charge and available 24/7.
FOR EMERGENCY DEPLOYMENT ONLY:
CALL ANOKA COUNTY CENTRAL COMMUNICATIONS AT
Use the above contact information whether you want to call us to come on a mission or to inquire whether MinnSARDA dogs and handlers would be suitable and available for your search.
When you call, please have available:
• Name and contact phone number for you or the search manager;
• City/County where search is taking place
• Where and when the subject was last seen (if known);
ALL SERVICES ARE OFFERED FREE OF COST TO REQUESTING AGENCIES
The unit currently has teams certified in:
- Area Search: Urban and wilderness (scent specific/non-scent specific)
- Trailing: Urban and wilderness (scent specific)
- Disaster: Rubble work, fire scenes, natural disasters. Live and cadaver teams available.
- Cadaver: Land and waterGraves
- Cold cases
- Lost persons
MinnSARDA’s Support Personnel/Handler Certification Requirements:
- Criminal background check
- NASAR’s SAR-Tech II designation
- First aid/CPR certified
- NIMS certified
- Must keep written records of all searches and training
- Must meet unit training requirements
MinnSARDA’s K9 Team Requirements:
- AKC Canine Good Citizen (to show the dog is friendly and well-mannered)
- Annual certification through a national organization (such as NASAR, L.E.T.S, NAPWDA)
MinnSARDA K9’s are trained to locate only human scent, therefore we are unable to assist those searching for lost pets.
If you have any questions, please contact us. We are also available for demonstrations or presentations.
Non-emergency contact: 763-441-3734