MinnSARDA is a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization. Our goal is to provide trained dog/handler teams to assist public safety agencies in the event of a missing person. All unit members are unpaid volunteers.
FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT/PUBLIC SAFETY AGENCIES ONLY:
To request deployment of teams or if you have questions about the use of dogs for an imminent search or a search in progress, please contact:
Anoka County Dispatch at 763-427-1212
A unit member will return your call. Please be prepared to provide the following information:
- Contact Name/Agency/Phone number
- Location/nearest town and rendez-vous point
- General description of area to be searched (ie – urban, wilderness, neighborhood…)
- General description of circumstances of search
- Our services are available 24/7/364 and are FREE of charge to requesting agencies.
- We can answer any questions regarding whether dogs would be a good resource to use for a particular search.
FOR GENERAL PUBLIC/OTHER INQUIRIES:
- Arrange multi organization training exercises
- Request demonstrations or presentations
- Get information about our training schedule
- Ask general questions about MinnSARDA or K9 SAR
Please email Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 763-441-3734.
- MinnSARDA will deploy only by request of law enforcement or public safety agencies. We cannot deploy at the request of private citizens.
- Our dogs are trained to locate human scent only. As such, the unit does not search for lost pets. Please go to http://www.missingpetpartnership.org/ for more information about what you can do if your pet is missing.
2/9/19: Zimmeran, MN
2/12/19: St Paul, MN (demo only)
Currently, MinnSARDA is not accepting applications for K-9 handlers. However, volunteer hiders and those interested in field support are welcome.